View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: I'm trying to stop cutting but it isn't working - November 9th 2014, 08:47 PM

Dez has given some great advice, and I agree with her. It doesn't have to be a friend, it can be anyone that you trust enough to confide in. Here is a list of who can help you. You can always print out some articles and things like that to help educate people when/if you decide to tell someone.

Have you thought about moving your tools? You can move them to an area that is hard to get to, or to a different room so you'd have to walk past plenty of distractions to get to them. The alternatives list that has been given to you is very helpful. Once you find some that work for you, you can make an alternatives box to put them in. It may help to think of what you want in an alternative - do you want the similar color, or sensation? Holding ice for the sensation is one of the things that you can do.

Don't forget to reward yourself! Every second is an achievement. Maybe you can set something up to look forward to and make that a reward for all of your effort.

Adding on to what has been said about identifying your triggers, you can keep a blog as well.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.