View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
anonymouswhale Offline
Every note makes up a symphony
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Points: 11,142, Level: 15 Points: 11,142, Level: 15 Points: 11,142, Level: 15

Re: Dating your best friend - November 14th 2014, 04:53 AM

Have you ever been in a situation in which you completely fell head over heals for your best friend?
It appears that I've only ever fallen head overs heels for somebody who I'd consider a best friend. A level of intimacy is being able to confide in one another sharing secrets, which to me is appealing.

What did you do in that situation - hide the feelings and swallow the pain, confront the person and hope for the best?
Most of the times, neither one of us says anything. Things just kind of...unfolded.

For those of you who did confront your best friend, if they denied the idea, how did you go about handling the situation?
I was bummed because they chose my friend over me as a partner. I was hurt and both friendships ended.

Did you move on from them and cut ties, or did you struggle with the issue and/or still do? Based on your answer, when do you feel it is the right time to cut the ties?
I initially struggled to cut ties but realized that I am happy where I am now and who knows what would've happened otherwise.

And for those who had it work out - did it end up being true love or lust?
We're inseparable.

"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness"-Chinese Proverb

Piano, Flute, Bassoon, Acoustic Guitar, Cello, Electric Guitar

LiveHelp Operator August 13th, 2012 General Forum ModeratorDecember 22, 2012 Videos Officer March 19th 2013