View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Points: 30,098, Level: 25 Points: 30,098, Level: 25 Points: 30,098, Level: 25

Re: Dating your best friend - November 14th 2014, 11:27 PM

Have you ever been in a situation in which you completely fell head over heals for your best friend?
The only people I've ever dated were close friends of mine. My fiancé was a good friend before we even got together.

What did you do in that situation - hide the feelings and swallow the pain, confront the person and hope for the best?
I'm extremely shy and can't open up to a guy easily, I usually wait for him. But, in the situation I was in with my fiancé, I knew I had to tell him how I felt because if I didn't, there wouldn't be another chance. I wasn't about to let myself loose him forever.

For those of you who did confront your best friend, if they denied the idea, how did you go about handling the situation?
I confronted my friend who is now my fiancé. Safe to say he was quite happy with the idea of going out.

Did you move on from them and cut ties, or did you struggle with the issue and/or still do? Based on your answer, when do you feel it is the right time to cut the ties?
There were never any problems. Like I said before, even all my exes were good friends.

And for those who had it work out - did it end up being true love or lust?
We knew from the beginning it was something truly special. It's 100% true love. And yes, I do believe that I've found my soulmate.

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13