Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina
Pronouns: she/they

Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24

Re: Monophobia? Bipolar Depression? Anxiety? - December 1st 2014, 11:45 PM

Hi There,

I agree with what Chantal mentioned.
It is very easy to find many disorders and other conditions online and self-diagnose. This is dangerous however because you could diagnose yourself with something you do not have and cause yourself unnecessary worry and stress.
I believe it would be beneficial for you to talk to your doctor about referring you to or giving you a list of psychological professionals that can diagnose and treat psychological disorders such as a psychiatrist, psychologist, mental health counselor Etc.
I am sorry that it appears your boyfriend does not understand. Keep talking to him and give him time. He may not understand because he may have never met someone with anxiety or other mental health conditions. Try to ask him if he will support you in finding help in your area, maybe giving him a way he can help you will help him try to understand better by improving his listening to you and learning from mental health professionals what you experiencing.
Once you are seeing a professional, it could help to bring him into a session and have them explain to him the diagnosis that has been decided, the treatment and how he can help and support you.
Hopefully this is helpful and that things improve for you.
You can PM me if you would ever like someone to talk to.
Take care.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."