View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
TiggerWhy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,274, Level: 10 Points: 5,274, Level: 10 Points: 5,274, Level: 10

Question Legally, how far can we go? Statutory rape? UK - December 6th 2014, 05:43 PM

I turned sixteen a few days ago. My boyfriend is nearly fifteen but we're a school year apart (I'm a Sophomore - Year Eleven - and he's a Freshman - Year Ten). We're from the UK.

We've been dating for almost six months now and we've both done oral (whilst I was 15). Now that I've turned sixteen, I am of age but I'm well aware that he isn't, and I'm aware that there will be complications now in our relationship.

So, legally, how 'far' can we go? (We are both against intercourse whilst he's under sixteen but we've had oral before so...?) And in UK law, what is classed as statutory rape? I don't want it to seem like I'm taking advantage of him and I don't want to screw up my life by doing something that isn't deemed appropriate by the law and then get in serious trouble as a result.

We're meeting up at his house tomorrow - the first time since I turned sixteen - and things can get pretty intense so I need to know what we legally can/can't do because I need to know when to stop/draw the line. I really don't want to get into trouble and mess up my life because of a teenage relationship.

Advice is appreciated.