View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Points: 37,084, Level: 27 Points: 37,084, Level: 27 Points: 37,084, Level: 27

Re: trying to cheat on jinxes-related to anxiety? - December 12th 2014, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin. View Post
Hey,

Not entirely sure if I'm relating to you exactly- but I always imagine all tha bad things that could happen in a situation. Like, people always say things come unexpectedly, like on the night you go to bed and your house burns down, you won't have been expecting that....do you have any idea what I mean? I thought (think) that if you imagine all the bad things that will happen, that will somehow prevent them from happening. I feel weird xD

The way I deal with it is by reminding myself I don't have special powers, and bad things are going to happen whether I try and "jinx" them or think about them. I have to remind myself no one can see my thoughts and no one is impacted by my thoughts but me, so I can't influence anything with just a thought. It that makes sense.

Maybe I'm shooting off the mark here, I just thought I could kinda relate to what you were saying
Yeah, that's a lot of what I do too. I imagine all the possibilities because somehow if I thought of them if it means it won't happen.
And what you're saying makes sense. I should probably reason like that and realize I'm not so powerful. Sometimes I also feel like the universe hates me and is purposely out to get me because I'm a bad person