View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Thinking about self harm - January 1st 2015, 12:10 AM

I definitely agree with what was said above; real friends wouldn't treat you like that. I know it can be hard to argue with friends, but truthfully, you're better off without people like that in your life. You deserve so much more than the way you were treated. Think of it this way: you dodged a bullet. It's better to see their true colors now than down the road. I know it can be more comfortable to isolate yourself but it would be more healthy for you to get out a little bit. Even if you just leave your room a little bit more often and venture into other rooms of the house, you are at least experiencing a change of scenery. You can gradually bring yourself out of your shell and I suggest looking into volunteer groups for your community or looking into other things you can do to meet people when you feel comfortable enough to do so.

I'm glad you know that self-harm isn't the right answer. Self-harm is addictive and you can put yourself at risk for severe injury or infection. Like it has been mentioned, I suggest you talk to someone you trust, call a hotline, or blog/journal to release your feelings. You should take a look at the alternatives thread that has been provided to you above. Can you pinpoint any sort of emotion to work with? Physical alternatives such as walking or running are often good for anger, for instance. As for another example, you might want to try holding ice or taking a cold/warm shower if you're feeling numb, etc.

I believe in your ability to get through this! I can tell that you're a really strong person.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.