View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Points: 37,084, Level: 27 Points: 37,084, Level: 27 Points: 37,084, Level: 27

Re: Cyber School Depression - January 3rd 2015, 12:05 PM

Hey there,
I'm sorry to hear what you went through but I'm glad you've figured out an alternative such as online schooling. Honestly, I can think of two options you have here. Either go to a public school, the same or different one is up to you but if bullying gets worse you may want to let a guidance counselor or trusted teacher know.
The second thing is that if the only thing you want to change about online schooling is the social life, you can stick to it and find other ways to maintain a social life. For example you can join homeschooling groups in your location. You can find a job and work part time, volunteer, try an internship or apprenticeship or join a community center/group. This way you will have ample opportunities for friendship.in addition the chances of bullying would be less because of the recreational nature of these settings. Sure it is educational but it is also not forced as school is forced, and forced places tend to lead to crankier people. Also you will meet people at different ages, of different stages of life and many will be mature enough to not bully. Or if they're younger, they won't feel the need to turn on their competitive side. Who said friends had to be exactly your age? I personally had such a hard time making friends in my class but many people from the younger grades seemed to look up to me/admire me. If I was not so stubborn on making a friend in my class I would have had the chance to focus on building friendships with people who actually liked me.
Anyways, whatever you choose I wish you the best