(#5 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Points: 37,084, Level: 27 Points: 37,084, Level: 27 Points: 37,084, Level: 27

Re: im done with school - February 1st 2015, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakorrhaphiophobia View Post
It could be helpful to register as a part-time student so you can take below 12 credits which is considered full-time.
I'm not sure how this will affect your financial aid however I believe you can still receive aid, work and do more of what you enjoy.
I know you mentioned that time management is not your problem but everyone can use some improvement in that area actually. Maybe switching to part-time would allow you to keep going to school and then you can arrange your homework for specific times, being with family and going to things you would like to as well.
It is difficult because there are so many different things of interest in the world and school is not always fun but keep your mind set that it will end and that if you do decide to leave school, do not do it during the semester until you are aware how your finances will be impacted. It would be best for you financially to not enroll in class for the fall and end this year.
You could also look into completing your education through an online school (some of which will give you the same credentials as an offline school). Online school would make your work more flexible and in some cases, you have longer to complete the work than is assigned than you would in offline schools. For instance, some online set-ups have assignments due and it is useful (and probably most common) to create a calendar of when you want assignments to be handed in however if you have a busy week and then a less chaotic week, you could potentially complete two assignments the week you are not as busy.
Just some thoughts. hopefully they are helpful.
Remember, the choice is all up to you and it would not be best for you to be impacted so greatly by others. While family is valuable and essential in life, learning to step away and do what is best for you is important as well.
Take care.

I am going to put this in the Education and Careers forum because I believe your thread would better fit there. If you have any questions about this, you can PM me.
thank you for the response! I found this very helpful and I do see your point about improving time management. That's a skill I can use in my life-not only for school.
I also might drop one class. So I'll go from 15 credits to 12. Somehow I feel a lot better with 12. I'm not going to deny though that it will not be a huge difference. It will just be more bearable i guess?
I'm in the process of deciding if that's what I want to do and if so which one I should drop.
I guess I'm stuck between wanting things my way/being stubborn and telling myself to just go through the pain and to hush up and push through it.