Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Points: 37,084, Level: 27 Points: 37,084, Level: 27 Points: 37,084, Level: 27

Re: im done with school - February 2nd 2015, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovisedStarlight View Post
Hi there,

I just wanted to put my own input from personal experience. I took one semester off to clear my head and really assess which professional direction I wanted to go into. I kept myself busy during that time by going to culinary school- totally unrelated to my field but taught me valuable skills.

I'm totally open to you going part-time or taking one semester off. Now is the time to really figure out how to balance work, school, and play and make sure you've got a sturdy sense of direction for the future. If you feel that balancing everything is too much, then of course, one area has to be compromised.

Perhaps you could try part-time status for a semester? I found that taking 12 credits vs 17 took a TON of stress off of me, and it helped me maintain my job. However, at my school, going part-time meant losing campus housing so that meant scrambling for an apartment.

Since you've posted last, have you gained anymore clarity on what you want to do?
thank you for the response and the helpful insight. The update is that I dropped a course from 15 credits to 12 credits. 12 credits is still full time but it is one less class and I think I'll be okay this way.
I found out that the financial aid doesn't go past four years though and at the rate of 12 credits per a semester from now on, I'll take a total of 4 years plus one extra semester to graduate. I'd have to pay for that extra semester. My dad wants me to take summer/winter courses but I'd also have no financial aid for that. Both routes are expensive. Unless I come up with the funds somehow. So that's thousand of dollars more.
I feel guilty for putting additional financial strains.