View Single Post
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Re: Doctor-assisted suicide - February 10th 2015, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick. View Post
If you want to die why even go to the doctor in the first place and spend all the money on services, and leave your family with the bill? Why waste time that could have been given to people who want the care and make the doctors do something they didn't go to school to do which was see their patients die.

But I think people should make whatever decisions they want to.
Canada's Health Care is free, we pay very little. Walk into a hospital, get a few tests done, walk out. We are safe to receive the medical care that we need free of charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceCommander View Post
I'm supportive of doctor assisted suicide, but I think there does need to be a criteria for being eligible for such a thing. For example, I don't think doctor assisted suicide should be an option for people who are depressed or are otherwise suffering from mental illness. I think it should be reserved for the terminally ill or those who have a documented illness with no prognosis of getting better that causes a lot of physical pain and possibly psychological anguish. I think the only exception to the "physical pain" rule should be dementia.
The Supreme Court is deciding what does fall under circumstances for assisted suicide, they want to protect those who are in fact suicidal. If you read the first small paragraph of the article it states that.

Furthermore, 84% of Canadians are in favor for doctor-assisted suicide and not many know but what actually started this debate to rise to the Supreme Court is because of the high importance of what happened in British Columbia British Columbia had votes showing 90% to agree to doctor-assisted suicide.

If you take a look at the percentiles of the votes and what they voted for and against, many of your answers will be answered.

The Supreme Court of Canada isn't going to allow a bill to pass without the safety of others and who might be in danger because of this bill. Many Canadians have pushed the Supreme Court to do something for the last few years. It was brought up back in 1993 but nothing happened.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator