View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: My teacher saw cuts, told my school counsler?? - February 25th 2015, 07:58 PM

Hi there,

I understand why you're frightened right now. Having people know about your self-harm can be hard.

Parents are from a different generation and usually lack education and they generally don't react well. You might be able to show her some articles or anything you find informative that can help her. If your guidance counselor does tell your mom, maybe you can tell him that she doesn't have the best reactions and ask for some tips as to how to handle that. Keep in mind that your mom will probably need some time to think things through, and if she is angry it is likely that she is angry at the situation you're in and not at you. You and your mom might benefit if you both go in to see your counselor at the same time so that's something to take into consideration.

When I was in school I was often reported for self-harm a lot but there was an instance when it was not reported because my parents and the school were already aware of this. Maybe you can tell your guidance counselor that your mom is aware of what you're going through and see if that does anything to help.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.