Thread: Triggering (SH): Started cutting again :(
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Started cutting again :( - February 26th 2015, 02:12 AM

Hey there,

You aren't stupid and relapse does happen. Being hard on yourself will not help you overcome this. Do you know what has caused this relapse? Is it something you can work on resolving and work on getting to a better place? If you are uncertain of what caused the relapse I suggest you work on figuring that out. Working on identifying the trigger is an important part of recovery. I know sometimes that can be hard to do but I believe in your ability to do it.

Do you think that you could talk to someone about your relapse? I know that therapy has helped me in my own road to recovery so maybe something like that will help you. If not therapy maybe opening up to someone in your family or a trusted friend. I know it might be hard and there will probably be a part of you that will feel ashamed but I assure you it can help and you have nothing to be ashamed of.

Have you ever looked at the Alternatives to Self Harm? If not I suggest you take a look at those and try some of the things listed. I know sometimes it can seem as though the alternatives don't work but if you stick it out and keep trying you might find that they do work.

I really hope that this helped and if you need anything please feel free to message me.