(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: Started cutting again :( - March 1st 2015, 08:30 PM

Hi there,

I am sorry about the situation with your mum and her family. Have you ever tried to sit down with her and talk about it and how it makes you feel or even maybe you could write her a letter and leave it somewhere for her to read. I know this might be hard but it might help. If you really don't feel it will then that's okay too. It was just an idea that I had.

You are right that. Relapses are normal and this is an addiction. You've done well to be self harm free and don't let this blip step you back. You are worth so much more than all of this and deserve so much better. You don't deserve the pain you're putting yourself through, you know? You are better than self harm and it's going to be hard to overcome it but you can do it. It is possible to recover from self harm so keep holding on and have hope and faith and you'll get there.

Also don't be alone. Talk to people. Talk to us, family, friends, teachers, GPs, counsellors, anyone around you whom you can trust because talking about things can settle us down a little. Instead of it all building up inside, we let it out and it can be really helpful. Or you can try writing it down etc too.

I hope this helps you a little, stay strong
Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018