Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34

Re: Physical symptoms caused by anxiety? - March 9th 2015, 04:55 PM

Hi there,

I have had a few of those symptoms in relation to depression and anxiety. In particular, headaches, abdominal pain, tiredness, diarrhoea, and nausea. I’ve sometimes had changes in vision and chest pain when in the middle of a panic attack. However, if you are on medication, I’m not sure why these symptoms would be occurring unless they are side effects of the medication or are related to something else. I’m not a professional, so I can’t diagnose you, but I’m wondering if it may be a bit like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? My friend knows someone who has it and it just occurred to me that it sounded a bit similar, such as exerting yourself and then not being able to function properly the day after.

Wait for the results of the MRI and ECG and keep telling your doctors about the symptoms to hopefully get a diagnosis and a good treatment plan.

As for maths, is there a way you can catch up? Or could you sit your exams a year later? I’m sure you will be able to work something out with your teachers; you will be able to get to university, if that’s what you want to do!

Take care

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer