View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23

Re: I feel like I'm dating his mom sometimes - March 10th 2015, 05:50 PM

Yes, yes and yes! I seriously feel your pain right now! It is by far the most aggravating thing in the world. Like you I get on well with my boyfriend's mum mostly. I try to just tune out all of the little dramas and problems she creates, of course there are moments where it is too much and I do get annoyed but I try not to let it show, because as you probably know "mummy knows best" and so on and so forth. I think your attitude is good because you have your boyfriend's best interests at heart, she is his mum and she does too, and it is okay to have differing opinions, if she ever does question yours just say "hey, this isn't both of our decision, it's so and so's". I think you should speak to your boyfriend, he probably doesn't know how you feel about his mum's interfering and maybe she doesn't realise it is interfering. By the sounds of it your boyfriend needs to be the one who puts his foot down on certain issues and tells his mum outright how it is. It's okay for you two to argue, that is part of being in a relationship, but there are three people in this relationship by the sounds of it and his mum needs to let go a little and let her boy go out into the world and make his own mistakes and be happy and choose what he wants to do and what's important to him and not her. Maybe his mum is a little lonely, maybe this is why she gets so involved?

I wish you the best of luck, and I'm here if you need a chat.

Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words