View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
SamMarie Offline
Sam
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Points: 16,977, Level: 18 Points: 16,977, Level: 18 Points: 16,977, Level: 18

Re: I feel like I'm dating his mom sometimes - March 11th 2015, 05:02 PM

I guess this tends to happen when he is a mama's boy. I don't entirely see anything wrong with this as everyone in my family has noticed he is as well. I always try to remain on the good side of her mother. I know deep down that if I don't, we would have a strain on our relationship. He is a hard working man though. He may not be the academic type, but he certainly is a hard worker being a dry wall finisher. I noticed a lot of his family members didn't go to college either. A few here and there did, however. He does know how I feel about this and he is quite embarrassed. I know he's trying to be a man, but change scares him. I comforted him by telling him that I'll stay with him not matter what. Acceptance from what I personally learned is the biggest part of any successful relationship. I am his first serious long-term girlfriend. We've been together for 3 whole years together. But, it's hard to move forward with our relationship when I'm told he's not ready. I guess all I can do is wait. I want him to feel ready and that's all I can do.