(#4 (permalink)) Old
MyVisionIsDying Offline
Talk Nerdy To Me.
Average Joe

Name: Shane
Pronouns: He/They

Points: 11,502, Level: 15 Points: 11,502, Level: 15 Points: 11,502, Level: 15

Re: Skipping School - April 28th 2015, 09:30 PM

Hi there, I've skipped school also- and pretty much for almost the same reasons as you- and it is a struggle I know.
I probably faked being sick or told my mum and my friends that my ingrown toenail was playing up (which doesn't as much anymore) but my final time my mum thought I was going to my school's Sixth Form but I had walked to a shop, bought a drink and came home. I even turned on Airplane mode on my phone, I didn't want anyone to talk to me or bring me down because of it.
Even a friend of mine gave me Hell when my mum began talking to the school to sort it out, my friend had told me that the teachers were becoming angry because I just didn't go anymore and it seriously riled my anxiety up to the point that I had two anxiety attacks on the way to go to a meeting with my mum at the school, I couldn't go because I became so scared and I couldn't face anyone at school (I probably still can't today) and I dropped out- thankfully I had properly finished school and can move on to get a job or such etc although the government urges for 16-18 to at least be in education (still trying to figure that out).

And at your age, education is definitely important. Try to talk to your friend about how you feel about him telling other people, explain that you don't want others to know, clearing the air does help- when I explained to my friend who basically lied to me about the teachers being furious at me (which they weren't because my mum spoke to them and she said they were really concerned for me) she understood and told me that I should get some help by going to the doctors- so hopefully your friend will understand.
Also, I think you should tell a parent or a teacher when you're next in school, things could get worse if they start catching on and it will definitely be better to tell them the truth than to persistently tell them you were sick etc.

Things will get better and people will understand eventually, just give them time. I know how this feels and I tried to keep quiet but I guess turning my phone off wasn't a good option, heh.
Feel free to message me anytime if you need anything! ^^

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.