View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Re: self harm on vacation? - May 19th 2015, 05:41 AM

Fortunately, July is long enough away you can plan for it! I think that you could minimize your self harm now in the effort to eventually be able to go a week without it! You mention getting irritable without Self Harm, can you think of anything you could do that's safe and effective?

Maybe come up with a plan. What I mean is that have alternatives to self harm that help you feel better in place just in case on your trip. When I'm feeling triggered to Self Harm I reach out to people, I write, listen to music, play a game, etc. Because you're going on vacation, and this should be a relatively happy time for you, find some distractions to go to when you need them. Also, keep yourself busy. Seeing your girlfriend will be amazing for you, maybe she can show you around and has fun things set aside for you to do.

Bottom line is, trying talking to your girlfriend about your fears. It will be hard, but I'm sure she really cares about you, and is looking forward to you visiting. You might be surprised at how much someone can help. And it's okay to lean on people, so let her in! She might have awesome ideas that can help as well.