Thread: Female Advice Preferred: Girlfriend karma.
View Single Post
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Lil sis Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: no name

Points: 13,597, Level: 16 Points: 13,597, Level: 16 Points: 13,597, Level: 16

Re: Girlfriend karma. - May 30th 2015, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivière View Post
By fact that your girlfriend has cheated on you more than once and that you continue to remain in a relationship certainly does show just how much you care for her, but the issue here is that it also blinds you from what's really happening. Imagine if it wasn't you in this situation but a friend, your feelings on the matter would be a lot different to what they currently are. What advice would you give to that friend? Be realistic. As much as you love this girl as it's obvious that you do, she either clearly does not love you back, or has some deep personal issues and simply can't help herself. Either way, no matter how much you love her, you're the one that has to deal with her behaviour. Is that fair on you? I personally think it's bang out of order. If I were in a relationship and I found they'd gone off with someone else behind my back, even just once, I would feel heavily betrayed and as if I were not enough for them. A person has a choice whether or not they want to cheat on the person they're supposedly in a relationship with, as does your girlfriend.

At this point you need to think about what you're actually gaining, and what you're also losing by being in this relationship. Whilst you may love her very much, cast your feelings aside and think about how much damage she's doing to you, herself, and your relationship as a whole. Do you really want to be stuck in a relationship with someone who cheats on you for years on end? Do you think you deserve to be cheated on? I certainly don't think so.

If you haven't already, I would strongly suggest talking to your girlfriend and discuss with her why she cheats on you. Explain how it makes you feel. Don't be afraid to express yourself even if you fear your self expression may cause you to 'lose' her. If things turn sour and she dislikes confrontation, it's yet another alarm bell in your already ringing relationship.

I understand that none of this may have been what you'd wanted to hear, but you need to be realistic about this. No matter how much we love someone, that love isn't always reciprocated. Ultimately it's up to you what you choose to do next, but again, I would definitely consider talking to her and discussing what's going on with both her and your relationship in general . You have the chance to change the direction of your relationship, and your happiness.
Thank you I ended it with her earlier today and im happy but sad... Like I feel relieved I'm done with her cheating but I also feel really lonely now and yeah… idk I'm probably not making any sense but thanks for the advice

Delete this account