View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
PixelG Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Gia

Points: 5,449, Level: 10 Points: 5,449, Level: 10 Points: 5,449, Level: 10

Anxiety and School - June 16th 2015, 11:37 AM

So...my classes for this school year started yesterday and I've gotten very, very anxious and a little depressed again.
Yesterday was pretty terrible since I still haven't made a single good friend so I spent it alone as usual and my social anxiety made it worse.

Today wasn't any better. During English class, my teacher told us to make a "clock buddy list" (basically a list of 12 people where one of them is assigned to be your partner during an activity if it's needed). You're supposed to ask your classmates if they can be your buddy and you can be theirs, but you're not allowed to repeat any people.
I felt scared because I don't really know much of my classmates and the thought that they had their lists full already and that I won't be able to complete mine made me more anxious.
Fortunately for me, two people asked me to be their buddy for it.
This list has to be complete by Friday and I'm scared I won't be able to.

And just a while ago, during dinner I told my mom that my school uniform's top was a bit short for me and that I'd like a new one. I guess I asked at the wrong time cause she sounded a bit annoyed and told me to buy one myself at the school's store.
Honestly, that's not much of a problem but I still felt nervous. I'm scared to go to the store alone and do it myself.

I want my anxiety to go away. I know I should see a psychiatrist but I'm afraid to tell my mom about how I feel. What if she thinks I'm just 'not trying'?

I'm sorry, I know how stupid and pathetic this sounds but I just wanted to let it out.