View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: Stress and worrying Anxiety related what methods do you use cope? (Managing Anxiety) - June 20th 2015, 06:24 PM

Hey Justin,

I agree with Astar that breathing exercises can help. I take a deep breath in for 3 seconds and out for 3 seconds, for about a minute, or until I have calmed down. I do this when I first notice the anxiety building up.

When I have worrying thoughts, I try to challenge them and rationalise the situation. For example, I might be worried about something bad that I think is going to happen. I try to challenge my worry and think differently about the situation. It takes some practice, but once you realise that a lot of anxiety comes down to negative thoughts and physical sensations, it's easier to deal with, and realise that a lot of the time nothing bad is going to happen. Also, if anything bad did happen, you will survive and get through it.

You could try looking online for 'CBT exercises for anxiety' (cognitive behaviour therapy) that you could try on your own, or see a therapist who can help you with specific worries.

Take care

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer