View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
SamMarie Offline
Sam
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Points: 16,977, Level: 18 Points: 16,977, Level: 18 Points: 16,977, Level: 18

Re: Online dating app time wasters - July 8th 2015, 05:28 AM

I met a lot of men and ended up with results that felt like I was being strung along and I finally met the one person on my dating site that actually was decent. Almost 4 years now with that person. I think people go on dating sites not knowing what they want either. Besides, you do have to be extra careful and understand that there are going to be people that play games with you. It's like the real world except virtual, if that makes sense. Basically, it's very similar. You need to have a keen eye on understanding how someone talks to you through messages and via webcam and not to automatically assume everything is in order. I talked with my current boyfriend for a month on Skype and we met up (I had my family with me to ensure my safety) and from there, it was fine. We hit it off and here we are. That is just the con of online dating, you never know. Ultimately, you're the judge of what comes to you. If you can't handle it anymore, maybe just continue trying to find someone in the real world outside of the virtual world. Either way, best of luck.