View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Online dating app time wasters - July 8th 2015, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouedis View Post
Don't do online dating, it's pointless and stupid and a waste of time.
This is false. There are a number of people online who are trying to make genuine connections with people. I met a few of them and I ended up starting a relationship with one of them.

I think online dating is tricky because different people want different things. Some people want to hook up, some want a relationship and some don't know what they want. I think this fact can lead to people stringing you along. I think you have to ignore the people that are stringing you on and keep trying. You might, eventually, find someone you form a connection with. My boyfriend was online for about a year before he and I started talking. And, to be honest, I didn't think anything would come from it. I was just talking to him because I enjoyed the conversation. Eventually we ended up meeting up and one thing led to another.

I think that you are just as likely to meet people who are trying to string you along as you are finding people that are looking for a genuine connection.

Also, I don't think only unattractive girls do this. I think a number of people do this for various reasons. I am unattractive, in my opinion, and I would never string someone along. It doesn't really boost a persons ego some people just aren't interested but are too nice to say.