View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: My Friend Doesn't Know About My Depression - July 21st 2015, 11:29 PM

Hey there!

You've obviously been through a lot and I'm sorry you struggled so much. I just want to say that you're a really strong person and I'm so happy you're in a better place now.

Sounds like your friend is quick to judge seeing how she said your other friend was "crazy" along with other things for being in a mental hospital. Thing is, being judgmental doesn't mean she always will be. She may be this way as a result of not being well-educated in the subject of mental health. Plus, people who haven't been through the same things sometimes struggle to understand it. Perhaps you could share that insight with her and see how she responds?

Whether or not you tell her is completely up to you. She doesn't have to know, it just depends on if it's something you would like to share with her and feel comfortable sharing with her. If you do tell her, then it might be a good idea explaining your experience (as much of it that you feel comfortable with) and how it felt for you in ways that'll help her understand it better and what it's like. I hope she'd try to be understanding and respectful towards you since she's your friend.

Hope things continue going well for you. If you do tell her, I hope it goes okay. Let us know how things go for you and message me if you need someone to talk to.

Take care and stay strong!