Thread: Triggering (Substances): Boyfriend smoking weed
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: Boyfriend smoking weed - September 26th 2015, 04:41 PM

I've moved this to Relationships and Dating since this is more about your relationship than drug use.

I think you really need to talk to him about this. Maybe you can make a compromise where he can smoke, but just not be around you when he is high. That way you won't end up getting annoyed with how he is. Or you can try and compromise with how often he can smoke. As for cocaine, I really don't recommend ever using it as it can become really addicted and it can be really harmful. If your boyfriend took so long to smoke weed and didn't even want you smoking cigarettes, then I think it's unlikely he will want to try cocaine. But if you are worried about it, talk to him. Communication is so important and nothing will change if you two can't discuss problems in you relationship and find compromises. Drug use can commonly destroy relationships, so if you want to keep your future in sight then you really need to work things out so that his marijuana use isn't affecting you this much. And if all else fails, don't be afraid to consider breaking up and finding a guy who doesn't use drugs. There's so many people out there, your current boyfriend can't be the only person you get on well with.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.