TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,772, Level: 10 Points: 4,772, Level: 10 Points: 4,772, Level: 10

Unhappy Boyfriend smoking weed - September 25th 2015, 11:01 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hi all,

I used to be a member of teen help years ago (I'm not so much a teen anymore) but there is just so much going on in my head at the moment I didn't really know where to turn and this post relates to quite a few different things if I go into all the background of it so I will repost to various forums.

Basically, I'm with my partner of many years and thing haven't been good for a while. I used to smoke weed and drink a lot when I was younger. I was also a cigarette smoker when we met but gave up because he didn't like it and he flipped out when I had a cigarette at a party once. My partner had never tried weed until we got together an we were with a group of friends one night and I shared a spliff with a friend and he wanted to try it. Since then about 4 years has passed and after about the year we started buying a lot and my anxiety has got pretty bad an I'm trying to basically be a grown up and am not that interested anymore. He still wants to smoke at every opportunity just as though he is trying to make up for lost time. The problem is I cannot stand him when he smokes. He looks pale, ill an just looks gormless and pretty much like an idiot. He also becomes really selfish and annoying and I just hate it. He knows I hate it but all h ever wants to do when we get some time to ourselves is smoke and it make us lazy and not really ma the most most of the time we get on our own. Honestly, it's made him pretty selfish all around.

I really do love him and I can see a future with him it just seems that the are drifting further an further apart which kind of worries me as I currently live with him in his parents house.

I know I can be difficult at times and I'm sure he has to put up a lot with me. I've always suffered from depression ever since I was a child and sometimes get really angry for no real reason but I really think this is founded..

I other thing which I know I hypocritical is I really like taking coke but do it once in a blue moon and only ever when the opportunity arises. I never actively seeking it out. I know that this is something he has never tried but he is going on a stag night next year and I know he will en up trying it as it will be VERY available. (hypocrite I know) but I worried what will happen if he tries it. Weed makes him lie to me a lot - who know what coke will do

I also have the issue that I sometimes really miss being a lesbian.. I don't even kno how the two feelings are possible but they are! (you just can't made this stuff up!)

He knows I hate it but my willpower isn't great and I always join in to keep him happy bu he never not spoke to keep me happy and just gets so grumpy if he doesn't get to smoke.

Please help!!

Last edited by Eternal; September 26th 2015 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Added trigger prefix.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: Boyfriend smoking weed - September 26th 2015, 04:41 PM

I've moved this to Relationships and Dating since this is more about your relationship than drug use.

I think you really need to talk to him about this. Maybe you can make a compromise where he can smoke, but just not be around you when he is high. That way you won't end up getting annoyed with how he is. Or you can try and compromise with how often he can smoke. As for cocaine, I really don't recommend ever using it as it can become really addicted and it can be really harmful. If your boyfriend took so long to smoke weed and didn't even want you smoking cigarettes, then I think it's unlikely he will want to try cocaine. But if you are worried about it, talk to him. Communication is so important and nothing will change if you two can't discuss problems in you relationship and find compromises. Drug use can commonly destroy relationships, so if you want to keep your future in sight then you really need to work things out so that his marijuana use isn't affecting you this much. And if all else fails, don't be afraid to consider breaking up and finding a guy who doesn't use drugs. There's so many people out there, your current boyfriend can't be the only person you get on well with.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread