View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Re: Treating headlice without telling your parents? - October 4th 2015, 10:45 AM

Hello Lydia,

The best way to treat head lice is to comb all your hair in pieces with a bit comb to get them out. Dry hair then wetting can work or wet hair. You should go through your hair 2-3 times a day, for the first 3 days and go back and fourth to combing your hair, keep doing this for about 2 weeks to ensure no eggs have hatched.

Also, when you wake up either wash your bedding (headlice can live up to 24-72 hours on sheets) and they can go back in your hair after treatment. You can also put your bedding into plastic bags and tie them for 2-3 days, this kills them. They will die from no food source. So you don't have to constantly wash your bedding. When you are combing your hair with the nit comb it's important you do on floors and not carpet.

You can also go to the drug store for the nit comb and treatment shampoos you can also talk to your doctor about it as well.

The important part is the combing it out, and keeping on top of it helps them to stay away.

I hope this is helpful, if you have any questions let us know.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator