(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: just told someone about self harm - October 10th 2015, 06:23 PM

Hi there.

Firstly, I want to say a huge congratulations for reaching out for help. I know this can be a really hard thing to do but you've done it so be really proud of yourself!

I'm sorry you feel it didn't go well but to me, it looks like you have gotten something out of it which is really great. Its good you feel like you want to talk to the school nurse and I hope that all goes well and that you do manage to form a relationship with them and that you do manage to talk to them about how you feel and what's going on for you right now because you deserve that support. Just remember it might be hard at first but in my experience, as you build trust up in a relationship, it gets easier so keep that in mind!

You are your dads baby, no matter how old you are and you always will be. He loves and cares about you and wants what is best for you, you know? And I can understand you feel you don't want to talk to him about all of this because its a scary thing but maybe its worth giving it a try? Just once and if it doesn't go well or you really felt uncomfortable then talk to him about that and tell him and explain you now have support from your school nurse and that you feel thats enough and you don't feel able to talk to him. If you really don't want to talk to him then explain all this from the start but it might be worth giving it a shot you know? I never used to talk to my mum, but now I can more and it actually helps most of the time. Its often late but when I do, its so good to know she's there and it'd be really great for you to have that too. Is there a specific reason you don't want to talk to your dad or do you just feel uncomfortable?

Either way, I hope you get all the support that you need and that things start to look up for you. Remember we're always here for you too, so feel free to reach out to us any time you need us. Don't be alone!

Tale good care of yourself.
Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018