Thread: Triggering: my parents don't want me to move?
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Haunted Offline
STAR GAZER
Average Joe

Name: Serena

Points: 10,133, Level: 14 Points: 10,133, Level: 14 Points: 10,133, Level: 14

Re: my parents don't want me to move? - October 28th 2015, 03:18 PM

I have asked them if they can help, and all they've said is they don't know how to.
You pointed out that we must not lose conctact, and of course we won't. I mean, they've done bad things, but they are my parents and I haven't stopped loving them, especially my mother (she's been really supportive when I was depressed - sometimes she's done the wrong thing, but I can't blame her, it was a difficult time for everyone). I was already planning on texting them often (if not every day, once every two days, you know? I know my mother's really apprehensive), and also I have a younger sister who will not let me live a day without a text message or call, she's already told me.
I think the idea of talking to my flatmate would be good, but the problem is I'm the only one who's fluent in English: my mother can say a couple things, but she wouldn't be able to carry a conversation, mostly because she wouldn't understand the other speaker. As for my father, he can't even pronounce the word 'download' right...

MONACHOPSIS
the subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place, as maladapted to your surroundings as a seal on a beach—lumbering, clumsy, easily distracted, huddled in the company of other misfits, unable to recognize the ambient roar of your intended habitat, in which you’d be fluidly, brilliantly, effortlessly at home.