Thread: Female Advice Preferred: Late on period, in urgent need of opinions/advices.
View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Tuxibelle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,597, Level: 10 Points: 4,597, Level: 10 Points: 4,597, Level: 10

Re: Late on period, in urgent need of opinions/advices. - November 16th 2015, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
The only way you can get pregnant is if sperm gets near your vaginal canal. It doesn't sound like, from anything you described, that this happened.

But being pregnant is not the only reason you can be late, or miss a period. Stress, illness, random flukes in the cycle, can all cause you to be late or miss a period all together. Since you have not been sexually active in a way that could result in pregnancy, you are mostly likely still getting over whatever illness you had earlier in the month, or dealing with some extra stress in your life. This is nothing to worry about. Just try to take some extra time this week to relax. Do things that make you happy and stress free, like a nice bubble bath, reading a favorite book, just spend some quality "you" time. Your period should come and if not, it should be back to normal next month.

Remember though that sexual activity can lead to pregnancy. And if you plan on having sex in the future, even just a little bit, or "just trying it out" you need to use protection to avoid pregnancy. There is not a contraceptive out there that can provide protection 100%, but there are options out there that greatly reduce your chance of getting pregnant, like the pill. You will need to talk to your doctor about getting a prescription for a contraceptive that will work for you. So if sex is something you could see happening in the near future, make an appointment now. Most contraceptives require a few weeks, sometimes up to a month, to become fully effective.
Hi Lizzie, just to update you that I had a bad headache and threw up several times today, about an hour after I had my first meal in the afternoon. I took a 2-3 hour nap and I am currently fine, I suppose. Any cause for concern? Could this be associated with pregnancy? Or am I thinking too much into it?

Last edited by Tuxibelle; November 16th 2015 at 08:48 AM.