TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tuxibelle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,597, Level: 10 Points: 4,597, Level: 10 Points: 4,597, Level: 10

Unhappy Late on period, in urgent need of opinions/advices. - November 15th 2015, 08:49 AM

Dear all,

It has been 41 days since my last period and it is getting very worrying. I have an average of 32 days for my menstrual cycle according to my period diary log. As for my last two periods, it took around 32 days.

Sexual activities:
  • Dry humping (my partner and myself both had our shorts and underwear on, and I also had my panty liner on)
  • My partner ejaculated in his underwear from dry humping, but only his underwear was wet (no visible wet spots on his shorts or my shorts too)
  • My partner also ejaculated on my tummy but he wiped it off with a tissue paper as soon as he did.
  • Fingering (not sure if there is any sperm on my partner's fingers or not, but he told me his fingers were dry)

Medical:
  • 3 weeks ago, I was sick and I was prescribed with antibiotics for throat infection as I had fever and cough.
  • As a result, I was on antibiotics and other medicines for a week.

Information:
  • Teenager
  • Last period started on 05 October (Lasted from 5th - 8th Oct)
  • Had brown discharge (just a drip on my panty liner) on 30 October
  • Expected period (according to 28 days) to be on 02 November
  • Increased appetite, boobs feel a little bit sore recently (just my usual PMS symptoms, nothing out of the ordinary).

There was no intercourse/penetration of the penis or any skin-to-skin contact with our genitals at all.

Is there any cause for concern to my late period? Am I just overly worried or can I be pregnant?

Please advise me at your earliest convenience. Thank you so much in advance.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: Late on period, in urgent need of opinions/advices. - November 15th 2015, 01:42 PM

The only way you can get pregnant is if sperm gets near your vaginal canal. It doesn't sound like, from anything you described, that this happened.

But being pregnant is not the only reason you can be late, or miss a period. Stress, illness, random flukes in the cycle, can all cause you to be late or miss a period all together. Since you have not been sexually active in a way that could result in pregnancy, you are mostly likely still getting over whatever illness you had earlier in the month, or dealing with some extra stress in your life. This is nothing to worry about. Just try to take some extra time this week to relax. Do things that make you happy and stress free, like a nice bubble bath, reading a favorite book, just spend some quality "you" time. Your period should come and if not, it should be back to normal next month.

Remember though that sexual activity can lead to pregnancy. And if you plan on having sex in the future, even just a little bit, or "just trying it out" you need to use protection to avoid pregnancy. There is not a contraceptive out there that can provide protection 100%, but there are options out there that greatly reduce your chance of getting pregnant, like the pill. You will need to talk to your doctor about getting a prescription for a contraceptive that will work for you. So if sex is something you could see happening in the near future, make an appointment now. Most contraceptives require a few weeks, sometimes up to a month, to become fully effective.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Tuxibelle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Late on period, in urgent need of opinions/advices. - November 15th 2015, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
The only way you can get pregnant is if sperm gets near your vaginal canal. It doesn't sound like, from anything you described, that this happened.

But being pregnant is not the only reason you can be late, or miss a period. Stress, illness, random flukes in the cycle, can all cause you to be late or miss a period all together. Since you have not been sexually active in a way that could result in pregnancy, you are mostly likely still getting over whatever illness you had earlier in the month, or dealing with some extra stress in your life. This is nothing to worry about. Just try to take some extra time this week to relax. Do things that make you happy and stress free, like a nice bubble bath, reading a favorite book, just spend some quality "you" time. Your period should come and if not, it should be back to normal next month.

Remember though that sexual activity can lead to pregnancy. And if you plan on having sex in the future, even just a little bit, or "just trying it out" you need to use protection to avoid pregnancy. There is not a contraceptive out there that can provide protection 100%, but there are options out there that greatly reduce your chance of getting pregnant, like the pill. You will need to talk to your doctor about getting a prescription for a contraceptive that will work for you. So if sex is something you could see happening in the near future, make an appointment now. Most contraceptives require a few weeks, sometimes up to a month, to become fully effective.
I feel so much better and relieved after hearing from you. Thank you so much for replying and taking time to read my long post. I really appreciate it a lot. Cheers!
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Tuxibelle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Late on period, in urgent need of opinions/advices. - November 16th 2015, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post

Hi Lizzie, just to update you that I had a bad headache and threw up several times today, about an hour after I had my first meal in the afternoon. I took a 2-3 hour nap and I am currently fine, I suppose. Any cause for concern? Could this be associated with pregnancy? Or am I thinking too much into it?

Last edited by Tuxibelle; November 16th 2015 at 08:48 AM.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
David Armes Offline
Average Joe

Name: David Armes

Points: 5,921, Level: 11 Points: 5,921, Level: 11 Points: 5,921, Level: 11

Re: Late on period, in urgent need of opinions/advices. - November 16th 2015, 12:01 PM

Have you done a test?

I would do one. Dry humping can still cause pregnancy as the material used is very thin and has tiny holes in it meaning sperm can go through. Sperm on the belly shouldn't cause any problems as it is away for the vaginal opening.

Just chill out for a while and do a test. If you really feel ill then speak to a doctor about it and they will help you. Being a teenager periods can often be all over the place so I wouldn't worry.

Take care and please PM if there is any questions you have...

David Armes

always happy to help

keep positive
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Astrophile. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Brittany

Points: 19,786, Level: 20 Points: 19,786, Level: 20 Points: 19,786, Level: 20

Re: Late on period, in urgent need of opinions/advices. - November 16th 2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxibelle View Post
Hi Lizzie, just to update you that I had a bad headache and threw up several times today, about an hour after I had my first meal in the afternoon. I took a 2-3 hour nap and I am currently fine, I suppose. Any cause for concern? Could this be associated with pregnancy? Or am I thinking too much into it?
Hey,

No. If you had no penis-vagina penetration then you are not pregnant.

I get headaches where I get dizzy and nauseous. It could have been stress or just a typical headache or migraine.

You have been really stressed out lately according to your first post, so I'd chalk it up to that!

Give your period more time to come, but if it doesn't come in say, a week, take a test to ease your mind.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

There is no beauty without some strangeness.
-EAP-

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: Late on period, in urgent need of opinions/advices. - November 16th 2015, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxibelle View Post
It sounds like you are ill. Just make sure to drink lots of fluids and get lots of rest. If the vomiting does not subside, you can call your doctor to see if they think you need to come in for an evaluation.

Like I said before, what you described will not lead to pregnancy. However, if there was any penis and vagina contact (even if he didn't finish, even if he didn't put it in all the way, even if it was just for a few seconds) that would be different. If that is the case I would recommend taking a pregnancy test just to be on the safe side.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Late on period, in urgent need of opinions/advices. - November 16th 2015, 11:40 PM

It sounds like your sick (migraines, flu, something like that). The chances of you being pregnant are so slim that it'd be a miracle if you were. Sickness can also cause the delay in period. You might want to talk to a doctor though if you're sick a second time in the month just to make sure that something isn't wrong.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Tuxibelle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Late on period, in urgent need of opinions/advices. - November 17th 2015, 01:12 AM

There wasn't any penis and vagina contact.

Thank you all, for your time and detailed reply to my questions. All of you have been very helpful and I am really grateful for your help, especially all these good information you have provided me with. Cheers!
Closed Thread