View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Re: Work Related Anxiety - December 5th 2015, 11:58 AM

Hello Loki!,

I wanted to give you a warm welcome to TeenHelp.

Many have gone through what you have gone through, having a job and dealing with a supervisor that isn't kind and treats you badly on top of that coping with anxiety and depression. I am glad that you will be seeing a psychologist because dealing with this alone is tough especially working. I have a few idea's so bare with me.

I am not sure how many hours or how many shifts you work during the week, but if you don't want to leave work and able to pay for your part in the phone, you can reduce the amount of hours or shifts, that way you are able to see if you can get through those hours and you can learn to cope with stress. I know it's hard to cope, but I have a few idea's that you can use or do.

One of the coping skills you can try is breathing, focusing on your breathing helps with anxiety and reduces it. You can also think about a happy moment in your life and picture it, it helps you to ground yourself.

Another option is you can talk to your parents and explain you don't want to work at the supermarket anymore and you want to resign (quit) because it's not a good fit for you. You then can explain you understand you have a responsibility to help pay half of your phone bill, you can offer to help clean around the house to make up for that. That way your parents won't need to worry about cleaning the kitchen, or dishes, the bathroom, vacuuming, moping, shoveling snow, raking leaves, etc., until you find a job that best suites you.

Another idea is to see if you can be scheduled when this supervisor isn't working you could also request to reduce your hours or shifts as well where you feel more comfortable with.

I hope this insight helps you to decide what you really want to happen and what is important is that whatever you decide is something you want and feel comfortable with. It's always important to take care of ourselves when we aren't well and if that is taking time away from work altogether for our mental health than that is important. Coping with all this alone is hard and I am glad you posted. If you need anything else please let us know, you are more than welcome to send me a PM (Private Message).

Take Care.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator