View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Lui Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,480, Level: 9 Points: 4,480, Level: 9 Points: 4,480, Level: 9

Re: A rant against school (feeling hopeless) - January 3rd 2016, 09:13 PM

Quote:
One major issue is that it sounds like you haven't been coping well for at least a year. A "good student" status can be lost quicker than that. I would see if you can begin working with a counselor or a psychologist on a more frequent basis.

I would also see what schools you have in the area that you can potentially try. Is there a vocational school option? One that can offer you a different course that is more skill based? What about sitting down and seeing if you can meet qualifications to take the GED? It wouldn't be a high school diploma but it would give you a chance to go to a community college though.

High school is tough. To be honest, most of my friends came from my jobs when I was a student. I wasn't friends with a lot of people in my school. However, I saw school as a task that needed to be done. You have to treat it as a job and do the work. If you do not want to try and catch up, start researching alternatives. It may require additional work on your end such as getting books from the library or Amazon on how to pass the GED.

At least in college, you have more options in what you can want to take. However, you still have classes you will hate and feel like you do not need. Taking the GED is a huge responsibility as the next step is some sort of training or college which you may not be ready for yet.

I still get A's, I'm just not able to keep up with the work. I also have a psychologist, but my mom won't take me to her, whether it be because of money or if she doesn't think it's worth it, she always says "oh, she's booked. I'll book the closest thing," which after the 30th time over the course of months is clearly not the case.
I had not heard of vocational schools (except for trade schools) so thanks for the recommendation, I will absolutely have to go to one of those at some point. My worry with the GED is that I will end up hating college more than highschool and will progress just as slowly, and I would prefer to either get to the end of highschool or take a GED and college.
I don't know what's wrong with me. I was once able to catch up and make time, now I'm super behind and just can't work. I'm really hoping a phase kicks in where I just want to work for hours on end, it's happened before, and I'm going to need it because I currently cannot stand school. I just find it so monotonous and mind numbing that I simply can't deal with it. It really has ruined my life, I despise it, and at this point I just want them to do something, but just like my mom not taking me to my psychologist, I have to do everything myself, and I've been overworked to the point of laziness and a fixation on needing a break, but the world's still spinning. It's like I've been turned from a positive to a negative, and I can't meet up with the negative charge that is the world anymore, so there's just no power, or hope, to be seen.