View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: How will i Manage this Job interview with extreme anxiety? - February 19th 2016, 01:05 PM

Congratulations on the job interview!

I know what it's like to feel anxious leading up to things though. It's not a nice feeling. What helps me leading up to interviews, is to prepare beforehand. It gives me a sense of comfort, so that I don't feel too anxious. Try finding out more about the company/employer, and think about potential questions you may be asked as well as your answers. They'll usually end by asking you if you have any questions, so if you can, try to think of something to ask. It's normal to feel anxious about the unknown, so preparing can take the edge off.

In terms of the actual anxiety side of things, it can be helpful to try to distract yourself. You've got two weeks to get through, so perhaps finding a game, tv series etc., will help to distract you. At the same time, it can be helpful to talk to someone about how anxious you are feeling. If you find yourself getting very anxious closer to the interview, or on the day itself, try doing some breathing exercises. Theres plenty online, but an example would be taking a deep breath in for 3 seconds (from your abdomen, not your chest) and breath out for 3 seconds. Do this until you feel calmer. Breathing exercises help to regulate your breathing so you don't hyperventilate and have a panic attack. They also help to relax your muscles so you don't feel tense and sick either.

I hope this helped a bit. Best of luck for the interview!

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer