View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Does this qualify as an eating disorder? - February 20th 2016, 08:04 PM

Bare in mind that I'm not a medical professional so I can't be the one to say for sure, but I would be happy to share my own insight to what you described to hopefully help you out (mini disclaimer is done now lol)

For the loss of appetite - You mention that you have depression, and I know that that can affect your health. I have anxiety and I know that I've also felt that way where I just don't feel hungry (even though I am hungry?). It's a side affect / symptom of many mood disorders to lose your appetite (anxiety and depression being the more common ones).

For eating the sugar, I mean, we all have quirks? It might just be the funny little thing that is your response / coping mechanism. I'm not quite sure why your specifically eating what I understand is white sugar - is there a lack of other sugary foods in your home? - but who knows.

If this is something your struggling with, you could try counselling. Talking to a professional can help a lot to work through these things and identify why you think and act the way you do (trust me, it helps).

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions