(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: Does this qualify as an eating disorder? - February 27th 2016, 05:47 PM

Hi there,

I'm not medically trained so I personally can only offer advice on experience and can not give you a diagnosis of an eating disorder etc.

Personally, I wouldn't say you have an eating disorder. You do this when you feel a certain way so it sounds like a coping mechism although I've not heard of anyone do this one before, it could be possible. And not having an appetite could easily be caused by you feeling low and depressed. Have you spoken to anyone about all of this? If it's not having a big affect in your life, you don't necessarily have too but if it is having a big affect on your life and you feel depressed a lot or angry etc, I want to encourage you to talk to someone about it. Someone like a teacher, a family member, a friend, a counsellor or your doctor just for some support. These people can all help you through this in different ways and I think having a good support network is vital if this is having a big impact on your life, so maybe it's something to think about.

In the meantime know that we're here for you anytime you need us and you're more than welcome to message me anytime.

Hope and wishes,
Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018