View Single Post
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: Should I have told someone that my cousin was raped? - March 17th 2016, 10:35 PM

I’m sorry to hear about what happened to your cousin. She may be in denial about what happened, which is one way of trying to cope with the trauma of being raped and might explain why she seemed to be ‘ok with it’.

I think it might be helpful to talk to her, ask how she feels, and talk to her about her support options (such as talking to others about what happened, or getting counselling). It’s better to talk about feelings and traumatic events, than to keep things bottled up. If the baby is his, and she keeps it, resulting in your mom finding out, it might benefit her to talk about what happened, as she will need support rather than judgement. Since it was rape, it was not her fault at all.

No-one can force her to have an abortion either, particularly if she thinks the baby might be her boyfriends. It’s definitely a good idea for her to stay away from this guy, if possible, and I do understand that not wanting anything to do with him, can be difficult if the baby is his. However, there are other options, not just abortion.

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer