View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
hellopanda Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,260, Level: 9 Points: 4,260, Level: 9 Points: 4,260, Level: 9

My boyfriend won't stand up for me - April 19th 2016, 05:07 AM

I started dating my boyfriend over two years ago and I absolutely love him and I know he loves and cares for me too. However, recently another girl within our (mine and my boyfriends) friend group, which is predominantly male, has been telling others bad things about me -- how she hates me, I'm annoying, etc. Now, I can't help but feel that all of my friends have turned against me and have also started saying rude things behind my back. I have bipolar disorder and experience depression caused or enhanced by things like this in my life. Between the "bullying" (I'm not sure if this is really severe enough to be classified as bullying) and my disorder I find myself becoming extraordinarily sad and not wanting to go to school as I now feel isolated and spend lunch sitting alone in the library "studying." I have expressed these insecurities to my boyfriend, especially about the girl who started it all, but he refuses to say anything to the girl or other friends and continues to be close with all of them. I'm afraid that eventually he will start to hate me too. I don't want to tell him to give up his friends because that's obviously not what good girlfriends do, however, it is still extremely upsetting to see him so close with the girl and the others while I am now excluded. I also don't want to burden him with my depressing feelings or thoughts because I know that it's a lot to handle. Am I overreacting? What should I do?