View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: People With Depression - What Kind of Humor Do You Have? - May 27th 2016, 07:05 PM

I have a pretty peculiar sense of humor. I like dark humor but my taste in it has changed as I've grown older, I like smart dark humor that is meaningful and questions society at large. I don't like offensive for the sake of offensive. For example, I do not like Family Guy and some other mainstream shows that are considered both offensive and funny. I find it distasteful. Something is not funny because it's offensive or dark, but there are ways to laugh around dark and offensive issues, and I do not think all dark comedy is good at this.

As a whole, I enjoy dark, satirical, pretty "stupid" humor. Puns and what not. Some examples could be John Mullaney's standup routine (using his alcoholism, for example, in his routine), my favorite television show Bojack Horseman (if you're a dark humorist, watch it), and the satire website Reductress which acts like a women's lifestyle magazine but makes fun of society and it's super dark and funny. One article, for example, was a "news article" titled "Woman Vocalizes Suicidal Feelings at Brunch but Melissa Talked Over It" which I find hilarious as a depressed person who has frequently not being taken seriously and "talked over" when I'm trying to express my concerns.

something burning?