View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Re: Weed for a week for anxiety - June 11th 2016, 11:14 AM

I've heard that others have experienced this as well being able to do things, focus more, etc., and I wouldn't see this as a long term fix. You take a small dosage three times a day, once your body is used to that amount you'll want more for the effect. It's like any drug you take.

Have you used less of it one day and the normal amount another? Did it change anything for you?

I'm sure you may be aware of this but smoking weed or relying on medication to do things doesn't always help the longer term situation. I know the weed is helping you be focused, motivated, your sleep is better, social life is improving. Weed can be a great tool to use but after the week you'll go back to how you dealt with things before.

It's like if I had a terrible experience in a pool and was invited to a party. The party has a pool where I shut down and didn't interact with anyone but I am fine when I leave.

Working through your anxieties can be really helpful. If your sleep if bad you can always try over the counter herbal sleep aids or ask for a prescription then once you've been taking it for awhile, start to wean yourself off it and see if you are able to sleep on your own. (I've done this so I understand lack of sleep and how it impacts your daily life)

If you don't have good sleep your body isn't alert and you won't be focused so start with the sleep first and get it on track. Are you eating healthy? Sometimes we're not eating what we're suppose to be eating or its not enough or too much of that particular food.

For social anxiety you just need to find something (small doesn't have to be the most anxiety scaring thing to do) that would be in your comfort zone and then tell yourself you can do it. From there take it by step by step. Thinking about it as positive rather than negative will greatly help. Negative self-talk puts us in a weird place where we may realize it's not a good idea and then your feeling anxious about it.

I know in your other post you mentioned counseling. Counseling is a great way to receive the support we need and deserve. They might have a group counseling where you go and 6-8 others are also there (for the same issues as you are) and it's different and uncomfortable at first but after awhile you start to feel okay and better.

If you don't see yourself using weed as away to cope and get through the day try one of my suggestions or if you thought of something that would help, try that. You may become dependent on it and then needing to add more and use more cause the lower dosage stopped working.

I hope this was helpful in some ways. If you need anything feel free to PM me.

Take Care.