View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Elle_94 Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 7,378, Level: 12 Points: 7,378, Level: 12 Points: 7,378, Level: 12

Unhappy I get jealous of my boyfriend. How can I get over this? - June 25th 2016, 01:00 PM

Hi guys,

So I'll get straight to the point. I've been with my boyfriend for a year now and he's really lovely. We have a good relationship for the most part and are happy with each other. But there's one issue I have at the moment. My boyfriend has loads of friends and always get offers to go out and do things with them etc. I on the otherhand, have no one. I'm close to my sister and of course him - but I have no other friends. Well, maybe i do have one or two, but they all have other friends they're much closer to than me, so they rarely get in touch with me or ask me to hang out anyway. It's very rare occasions. I'm not a nasty person and I am very kind and try to be polite and friendly to people but it just seems impossible to find someone that actually wants to be friends with me
Whenever my boyfriend goes out with his friends i get really sad. I just so wish I had friends I could go out with too. When I'm at sixth form not having many friends isnt really issue because I'm so busy with work and things I hardly have time for anything else but now the summer has come I'm clinging to him constantly because ive nothing else to do. He's cancelled a lot of plans to be with me instead so I won't be lonely when I have no one else to hang out with. But I hate it. I don't want him to have to stop seeing his friends because I'm a sad, pathetic loner. I don't want to be a burden on him. I want to be able to be happy that the person I love is happy. But instead I just get jealous and angry that he's popular, it makes me feel like a complete loser.
I know I'm the issue, not him. But I don't know how I solve this issue. I know people will say I need to make friends of my own but I try to but I can't seem to do it. I just end up making myself look desperate and stupid. How can I get over this and be happy for my boyfriend?

Thanks In advance