View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
baccanogal Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Izzy

Points: 5,831, Level: 11 Points: 5,831, Level: 11 Points: 5,831, Level: 11

Question Would you be willing to wait until after school for sex? - July 7th 2016, 08:23 PM

Hi everyone!

So I recently got into my first relationship, and, naturally, the topic of sex has come into my mind a few times. I'm not all that scared of the actual act of having sex, more the potential consequences, the main one obviously being pregnancy. There are a lot of expectations on my shoulders from people who expect me to go very far in life, so getting pregnant at 16 would obviously be a terrible thing to happen, not to mention I am of course not ready for something like that (preventing STDs would be nice too though!). (Also, I do know that contraceptives exist, but none of the methods are 100% foolproof, and that's what scares me.)

Therefore, I'm considering asking the guy I'm going out with (after we've been going out for a while) if he'd be willing to wait until after I'm out of school to have sex, or at least until I'm nearly at the end of my school career. To be honest, I doubt he would try to pressure me into doing anything I don't want to, nor would he be angry or not understanding about my wishes (it's his first relationship too and we were very good friends beforehand), but since he'll be going off to uni before me, assuming our relationship lasts that long, I doubt we would last too long after that once he's out in the world of adults and still a virgin, if you see what I mean.

This leads me to my question for young guys- would you yourselves be willing to wait a year or two before having sex with a girl, assuming you really care about her? No disrespectful answers, please.

Edit: Just realised this should have been posted in a different forum xD Well, if anybody has an answer for me, still feel free!

Last edited by Coffee.; July 7th 2016 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Merged thread with R&D thread. In the future, do not start another thread as it's against CoC. PM a mod to move it for you :)