View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
NeuroBeautiful Offline
Please call that story back.
I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24

Re: Is drugs really that bad? - September 19th 2016, 03:50 AM

Alcohol IS a drug. There is debate on raising the age requirement to 25 but no one follows that law anyway. Studies have shown prohibition laws are not as effective as other approaches to prevention. But the short answer is yes, drugs are problematic. Do I think it is exactly how the media shows it? No. I have learned a lot over the years on how addictions that is controversial. It is hard to get multiple perspectives of the story. But I will say that illegal drugs are often sold on the black market as synthetic or mixed with other drugs. Drugs with alcohol is really bad. Drugs mixed with prescriptions can also be really bad. Besides that drugs are illegal. I mean that's one reason but your life is worth more than that. There's more consequences then merely breaking the law. That's the societal artificially created consequence but even if you're not caught it will affect you.
Alcohol is a substance that can do damage. Yes some people are good with drinking socially but that's not always the case. Smoking has drugs in them that are also harmful. Both are legal but I personally don't think it is healthier. I think that has to do with economic and political reasons more than science