View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Re: My internet addiction is ruining my life - November 11th 2016, 02:14 PM

Hello there and welcome to TeenHelp

Instead of thinking about the internet as a bad thing to be using a lot, in fact the internet is a valuable tool in life and many careers revolve around using a computer. It becomes a problem when it starts to interfere with your daily activities, including homework and school work.

Sometimes when there are tough things going on in our life we tend to withdrawal and focus on something that is easier to handle. Do you have a school counselor or tutor at school? These options may help you, someone to talk to and someone you can go to for extra guidance in pushing your grades up. They can work with you. Some classes may allow you to use your computer to do assignments, others may not require that.

Do you learn using your computer? If so it can be integrated into your learning. What I mean by this is you can type out class notes in a document, research topics, videos, etc., and used as a study tool.

Do you see anyone like a counselor or therapist about your feelings and thoughts around what you are struggling with the most? It might be helpful to be able to talk to someone on how you are feeling.

Let us know how things are going for you.
Take care.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator