View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Re: Permanent daylight savings and winter blues/Seasonal depression - November 18th 2016, 10:55 PM

Before the time changed... For an example by 4pm it's already started to get dark. In the morning, it's dark at 7am still. It's only going to get worse once winter sets in. Today the sun set at 4:28pm and the sun rose at 7:08am.

I don't get depressed over the time change and it doesn't really affect me. What does is the time between Fall and Winter... where all the trees are naked and all you see is dead trees, it's kinda weird and doesn't feel like anything is alive. Once the snow arrives it's a lot better.

I think during the peak where the sun goes down or starts is 3:30pm, then slowly increases to later, then in the morning it's closer to 8am till the sun comes. Currently right now it's after 7am for the sunrise, and 4:30pm for the sun setting.

When I moved from South Western Ontario to Eastern Ontario, it was really weird having the sun go down so fast and how it was late for the sun to come up in the morning.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator