View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34

Re: I am unhappy. Feel like work is the main root. - November 23rd 2016, 12:44 PM

Hi Ben (and welcome to TeenHelp!)

I imagine it would feel frustrating for anyone to be spending a lot of time and money investing in an apprenticeship when you get paid less than what you would if you were working, and you feel you don't get taught much because everyone else is busy. On top of that, not getting on with your boss and generally feeling unhappy is bound to get to you. How long have you got left there?

Just because one of the people you work with finished their apprenticeship and worked there afterwards, it doesn't mean you have to do exactly that either. It sounds like you are having conflicting thoughts about wanting to do something more than an apprenticeship, but not wanting to feel confined to a full time job and not being able to see friends. Age doesn't really come into it, although it's good to try to enjoy life no matter how old you are.

As for your ex girlfriend, it sucks that it didn't work out, but as you said, you are young and I'm sure you'll meet other girls throughout your life. Dealing with a break up is bound to get you down, but if you feel depressed in general, it's good to talk to someone how you feel. Wondering how you would feel about getting counselling? It can help with managing stress, depression and uncertainty in our lives.

What are your plans after finishing the apprenticeship? Perhaps thinking about what you want to do in terms of working, and figuring out how you would balance that with free time may help a bit.

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer