Thread: Triggering (Suicide): Depression?
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
Article Editor

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36

Re: Depression? - December 24th 2016, 03:20 AM

Hi Danielle,

I'm sorry that you're feeling that way. I definitely understand what it's like. For many years I would always put my friends and families needs before mine. After a little while my health started declining. I just pushed my health aside thinking that I would be fine.

Not too long after I started getting really depressed and angry. I was angry because I had all these problems that I kept bottling up to the point where I couldn't bottle anymore up. When that happens, one small thing can make that bottle blow open, and trust me, it's not nice. Most of the time, when my bottle blows open I'm near either my family or friends, so they know not to take it to heart, however, one of my friends blew to one of her friends so badly that her friend ended up passing away.

Point of my story is, please stop putting your problems aside. i know you want to help them, trust me I do. But there's only so much you can take on. Whenever you need to talk to someone though we are here for you.

It sounds like you could possible have depression, so I highly recommend going to see your family doctor and let them know how you're feeling. You're not going to get better by continuing down the path like you currently are. Again, trust me as well on this. My mental health, from holding everything, got so bad that I was rushed to the hospital from my college and had to sit in the psyke ward for 10 hours.

I hope you listen to my past and are able to change the way you are thinking. It drains both your mental health as well as your physical.

Stay Strong,
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

Article Editor
Social Media Guru|Live Help Mentor|HelpLINK Mentor
Chat Moderator|Forum Moderator(Young at Heart)