Thread: Triggering (Suicide): Depression?
View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: Depression? - December 24th 2016, 09:23 PM

Hi

Thank you for reaching out to us here! I hope we can help in some way. You are not alone.

Truth is you can not help anyone if you're not well yourself. You have to put yourself as priority and I know this can be a really hard thing to do from my own experience but it will be something worth doing. And it does not mean not being there for the people you love and care about but being there for them to a certain point where it doesn't have a negative affect on your own health and well-being.

I can not say whether you are depressed or not. It sounds like you have had a lot to manage and cope with so it is understandable you feel sad but if it continues or gets worse (for example, you feel a risk to yourself from self harm or suicide) then it might be worth talking to people around you. You can talk to people like friends and family or even see someone at the school/college/university you are at such as a tutor or counsellor or even see your doctor. All these people can help and support you and they all care about you but they can only do so if they know what is going on and the emotions you are feeling.

I know feeling so sad must be very hard but you can get through this. Remember nothing lasts forever and this too shall pass. And we're here for you for as long as you need us and so are other people such as the ones I mentioned above, to help you through. Don't be alone and let people in so they can help you.

Hope and wishes,
Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018