View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
NeuroBeautiful Offline
Please call that story back.
I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24

Re: Dropping out of high school - January 11th 2017, 02:57 AM

Is it possible you can transfer to an online-based school or other form of school or homeschool? Because while it is nice to be told to transfer, if you trasfer to another traditional school, that's probably not going to make a huge difference. Maybe you can look into schools with alternative teaching styles, non-mainstream philosophies or if it comes down to it, you can do online school which is in the category of home-school, if your parents cant or wont homeschool you directly. Also, instead of dropping out when you're 16, there may be a way to legally claim yourself as your own homeschool teacher or something like that, as long as you fulfill the educational requirements. Again, I am not sure where you live, but here in the USA, homeschooling is legal in all 50 states with differing degrees of regulations but still do-able. Like any other educational option, there are pros and cons to homeschooling, I am not telling you it will be 100% a perfect match but just trying to open up unexplored avenues that has potential to work well. Especially from what I'm hearing about the particular lack of motivation you're having, towards the way education is run. Although I do agree with previous posters that maybe it is worth having a talk with your doctor about possibly having depression or another mental health concern.